Thursday, February 28, 2019

Physalis Salad

I’m not a salad person and will usually avoid salads as much as I can. On the rare occasion, I’ve been persuaded to eat a salad, and even rarer still have I enjoyed or even liked a salad. So while I enjoy experimenting making new stuff in my kitchen, I’ve literally never tried to make a salad before. But #Physalis... I’ve eaten it for years, made it into preserves for a couple of years; and my Human, he likes salads. So today I made a Salad at home and I enjoyed making it and I even liked eating it - it was refreshingly delicious! I’m as surprised as anyone else who knows me well is going to be!



Here's the recipe: 


100 g of Physalis cut into eighths
1 medium sized Cucumber diced
Kernels from 1 Cob of Corn steamed and salted lightly
3/4 Cup of Mint leaves

Salad Dressing: 


Juice of 1 small Lemon
Lemon Rind, to taste
1 tablespoon of Honey
1 tablespoon of Olive oil
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste

Mix the ingredients for the salad dressing in a bowl. Toss all the ingredients with the salad dressing till it is well combined. Eat!

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely on my tryout list����... Not a big fan of karela.. except stir fry where in the bitter taste comes down... This is a new take on the veg that too with my fav raw mango.. Will let you know after my trial.��

    ReplyDelete